Problem Solving Roundtable Discussions
These are informal, moderated discussions with brainstorming and interactive problem solving, allowing participants from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas and experiences and develop future collaborations around a focused topic. Details on the topics
and moderators are below.
BISPECIFIC ANTIBODY DESIGN
TUESDAY, AUGUST 20 , 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Novel Scaffolds as Multi-Functional Drugs
Moderator: H. Kaspar Binz, PhD, CEO Binz Biotech Consulting
- What are the opportunities for using non-immunoglobulin binding domains?
- What challenges would one expect for novel scaffolds?
- Which benefits are expected when using novel scaffolds?
- Which approaches are enabled by novel scaffolds and which ones remain impossible?
Antibody Derivatives with Prodrug Functionality
Moderator: Ulrich Brinkmann, PhD, Expert Scientist, Roche Pharma Research and Early Development, Roche Innovation Center Munich, Penzberg, FRG
- Academic/exotic playground vs next generation platforms?
- What for alternatives?
- Pro/con of different in/activation approaches?
BISPECIFIC CASE STUDIES & CLINICAL RELEVANCE
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21, 5:00 – 6:00 PM
PK and Immunogenicity Analytical Strategy to Support Bispecific Antibody Clinical Development
Moderator: Kate Peng, PhD, Group Leader/Senior Scientist, BioAnalytical Sciences, Genentech
- PK method development considerations
- Immunogenicity assessment strategy
Safety of Bispecifics Based on CD3 Targeting on T Cells
Moderator: Rakesh Dixit, PhD, DABT, President & CEO, Bionavigen
- Advantages of CD3-based Bispecifics, meeting the deficiencies of the BITE molecules
- Discussion on CD3 bispecific formats? Target selection?
- Safety challenges of CD-3 bispecifics: Target related or format based?
- Risk mitigation through smart engineering approaches