Problem Solving Roundtable Discussions
These are informal, moderated discussions with brainstorming and interactive problem solving, allowing participants from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas and experiences and develop future
collaborations around a focused topic. Details on the topics and moderators are below.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 21
4:15 PM - 5:15 PM
The Design and Therapeutic Application of Bispecific Antibodies
Moderator: Stephen J. Demarest, PhD, Senior Research Fellow, Protein and Antibody Engineering, Lilly Research Labs
- The use of antibody combinations versus bispecific antibodies: Pros and Cons discussions
- What are developability challenges of the most common bispecific antibody platforms?
- Future areas of design / engineering to enable improved bispecifics
- Given the vast amount of research into bispecifics, why have more not crossed the finish line?
The Selection and Development of Bi-Specific Antibodies with “Novel” Biology (1 + 1 = > 2)
Moderator: Tariq Ghayur, PhD, Distinguished Research Fellow, Foundational Immunology, AbbVie
- Examples of bi-specific antibodies with novel biology
- Potential HTP cell-based functional screens to identify bi-specific antibodies with novel biology
- Optimization of the bi-specific format to achieve desired functional outcomes.
- How to assess translational issues related to novel biology?
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 22
4:15 PM - 5:15 PM
Bispecific Antibodies in Cancer Immunotherapy
Moderator: Eva Dahlén, PhD, Senior Director, Business Development, Alligator Bioscience
- Tumor-targeting immunomodulating compounds; pros and cons of various approaches
- Dual immunomodulators vs combination therapy with monospecifics to corresponding targets
- Target indication / patient population considerations for various modes of action
- Affinity/valency considerations in relation to target expression pattern and target combination
Target Selection for Bispecific Antibodies and Related Biologics
Moderator: Rakesh Dixit, Vice President, Global Head, MedImmune, Inc.
- Biology of the targets and their combinability
- What targets to avoid in bispecific
- Effector function enhancement
- Bispecific ADCs: pros and cons
- Managing the safety, PK-PD risks with antibody engineering
Bispecific Ab Engineering
Moderator: Mark L. Chiu, PhD, Associate Director, Process Analytical Sciences, Janssen R&D
- Optimizing affinities for targets
- Inclusion of Fc engineering
- Target selection for chronic vs acute indications